07 September 2010

Turnaround Tuesday

The last couple of weeks have been an almost, but not quite, write-off for me in terms of running. I've hit a slump in my training. Since 22 August I have run a total of 4 days. That's right. 4 days. I can't say that I'm thrilled with myself for this lack of motivation.

It all started on 22 August when I ended my 29km long run with a couple of awesome blisters. I made them a bit worse by doing hill repeats on 24 August (yay ripped skin) so I was under self-imposed rest until that weekend in order to get my 32km run in.

On the 29th I had a great 32km run - see how far I've come to be able to say that - and then... nothing. I backed out of my tempo that Tuesday due to a torrential downpour, skipped 10 x hills on the Wednesday since I would have had to do them myself, and didn't run Thursday either. My last "run" was on Sunday. I was scheduled for 23km, but couldn't get my butt out of bed decided to run with Colin (who's been having IT issues of late) instead. Unfortunately that meant that we ran for about 5km before he was done and then walked 5km home.

So my training/distance for the last two weeks has been crap.

Today is the day I start fresh. No looking back and feeling guilty (well, not too much). Just moving forward and getting back on track. I'm starting with a lovely, hilly 6km tempo tonight. I had plans for speedwork tomorrow, but Colin's able to make a few extra bucks working for a friend so I'll try to get it in later this week.

And when I opened my mail today I found this lovely surprise inside:

Nothing like having the local money pit running store send you a dividends certificate! That'll pay for my GU for this weekend's long run.

1 comment:

  1. I smell the mojo and the stars aligning ... wait I think that might be last night's chili ... no ... it's the aligning!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com