16 September 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. I'm pretty sure my shoes are on their last legs. I came back from my last run (15km total distance w/11km of fartleks) with runners that squeaked and the cushioning under the ball of my foot felt very thin. Granted that I was running downhill for a good portion of the run, but I can only expect them to bounce back so far as they have 480km on them.

This sucks for many reasons:
  • Obviously, I need shoes to run and ones that feel good are preferred.
  • I have a 32km long run on Sunday. I will have to hope that they work out well and don't start to bug my knees.
  • I didn't get a new pair prior to my longest run before taper so when I do get new ones I won't have them broken in for as much as I would like prior to the marathon.
  • I can't really afford new shoes. I probably should have bought 2 pairs to begin with.
2. Colin has his ART appointment tonight. Hopefully it will help with his sore knee. The knee sleeve has helped him substantially (he's already planning for a +20km run this weekend), but it's a temporary solution to a bigger problem.

3. I have a contest starting on Monday. Stop by again to find out what it is!

2 comments:

  1. great distances!

    The contest would be great if you gave away your 480k shoes! P.S. that was a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am noticing that shoes tend to wear out faster than they used to, don't you think? Maybe that is the real reason why barefoot running is becoming so popular.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com