18 August 2011

Team Nuun Tuesday Thursday

Okay, so life got in the way the other day.  Spud had a playdate in the morning and the mail I was waiting for finally arrived in the afternoon, so we got to trek all the way to Colin's work (thanks, Mum!) to deliver it to him.  I didn't even log onto the computer until after 9pm.  I may have lost out on a ticket to Pearl Jam because of it - please cross your fingers and toes that I didn't because I love them - but not getting around to being online once in a while isn't really a bad thing...

So on to Team Nuun whatever-day-it-happens-to-be.  Fun and exciting things all around.  It's hard to believe that it's only 8 days until race start!  It does not seem like it's been 2 months since I found out that I made the team.  Now I feel like I have to pack a million things into too short a period of time!  I have runs to do, things to pack, things to buy, etc., etc., etc.

∗ Here's what makes it more real:


We have a logo!  Aw, crap, I'm running from a mountain to the ocean.  And not like here where it's a 10 minute drive.  200 miles.  Really?!?  I begged and pleaded to do this?  Sorry, my head just barfed that out through my hands.  No worries - it'll be fine!  


∗ There are (almost) a million-and-one ways to follow us during the relay!  We have a dedicated Facebook page, individual Facebook pages (yes, I did jump on that bandwagon - come join the 11 other people who "like" me), twitter and, of course, our regular blogs.  

Follow along!

My fb page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Running-42km/264470343579390 (I won't actually be updating next week because a) my phone isn't capable and b) even if it was I'd have a monstrous roaming bill when I got home).
Our unified fb page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bloggers-spreading-the-Nuun-Love-Hood-to-Coast-2011/135670549857284
Nuun's fb page: https://www.facebook.com/nuunhydration
Nuun's twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ministryofnuun
After-Nuun Delight twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AfterNUUNDelite
Nuun Platuun twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/NuunPlatuun

∗ We got our itinerary recently and it looks like we'll be having so much fun.  Mainly because we aren't the ones planning it!  It is amazing how much work has gone into this as well as how much Nuun is willing to provide for us.  Other than bringing along specific foods (if we want/need them) and personal items we really do pretty much only have to get ourselves to Seattle.  I thought that I was going to have to go out and find ice packs, but even those are on the list.  

∗ Hood To Coast released the shirt design today.  How awesome is this?


I'm really hoping that it's red not orange otherwise I'll probably look like death wearing it.  I know I'll wear this one til it's worn out, though, even if I look bad.

Members of my team have totally gone above and beyond in terms of getting us free stuff.  I feel bad that I have zero connections...  I'm going to have to have a post solely dedicated to the amazingly generous vendors once the relay is over!  And, believe me, it's going to be long!

 I went out and bought new running stuff today!  I might have to talk Colin into letting me keep it all, but everything really is necessary.  Especially considering it's recommended to have new outfits for each leg and I have enough for about 1-1/2.  Thank goodness I work in retail and can get a discount on this stuff!

Only one more downhill training run!  I'll probably run the same route as last Friday.  Need to focus on my form and think of being, as one friend recommended, "light on my feet."  I guess technically I'm tapering!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! It is getting close, isn't it? My packing obsession is starting in earnest.

    I can't wait to meet you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are money promoting our nuun crew!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com