12 August 2011

Post-Dash Drive: Whistler - Home

Since I'm still working on my recap for Warrior Dash here are some pictures of the drive home.  I'm so blessed that all this is within a 2-1/2 hour drive from my house...

Black Tusk, Garibaldi Provincial Park
(my first hike ever with Colin was here - 8hrs and 32kms)

Mount Tantalus
  
Salish Sea, Squamish
(there were lots of kiteboarders here due to high winds off The Spit - can you find one?)


Stawamus Chief Provincial Park
(popular with climbers - left side - and hikers - right side)
   
Shannon Falls Provincial Park
  
Anvil Island

Sea to Sky Highway
(looking back toward Squamish)


I tried to get a great shot of Vancouver from the highway coming into town, but between the trees and the smog it wasn't worth it...  Here's what it would have looked like if I could have gotten the shot:







2 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com