25 August 2011

Sorry, I Can't Blog Right Now. I'm Busy Running Hood To Coast!


What?  You didn't know I was running a 200 mile relay this weekend?  Have you been living under a rock or do you not read every post I write?  If you're on Facebook you have no excuse not to know - 90% of my updates have been HTC related since the end of June! 

Anywho.  

Hood To Coast starts on Friday!  Guess it's finally real since my stuff is all packed up and ready to go.  I'm not sure if I'll even have time to think once things are underway.  Luckily both Nuun teams - After-Nuun Delight and Nuun Platuun - have the same, non-cringe-inducing start time of 12:30pm (it's a staggered start from 3:30am - 6:15pm).  We received our detailed itinerary and, while most things are looked after, there are things expected of us.  Yes, we need to bring our own general supplies and such stuff, but we need to make Nuun look good too.  As Ambassadors we'll be responsible for promoting Nuun and educating other runners about their product.  It's actually quite a big responsibility if you think about it!*

Obviously I will be incommunicado over the next few days.  I don't have a fancy, or even not-so-fancy, smartphone.  And even if I did I would have such a huge long distance/roaming charge that it wouldn't be worth my while.  Here are a bunch of ways to follow along: 

Facebook: Nuun

Twitter: @ministryofnuun  and #nuun

The whole team on Facebook: Bloggers Spreading the Nuun Love Hood to Coast

After-Nuun Delight Twitter: @AfterNUUNDelite

Nuun Platuun Twitter: @NuunPlatuun

For official HTC updates:

Facebook: Hood & Portland To Coast Relays 

Twitter: @HTCRelay and #HTCRelay

To specifically follow me you can check at approximately the following times:

12:30pm (Leg 1)

9:30pm-ish (Leg 2) Based on HTC predictor. 

6:40am-ish (Leg 3) Based on HTC predictor. 

Check back often and look for references to #alanna (for all you Twitter-illiterates like me you can type that into the search) - that's me!  




* Hopefully some of you have learned something new in the last couple of months too...

2 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com