29 August 2011

Monday Musings: HTC 2011

This is by no means a recap of this past weekend at Hood To Coast with Nuun.  I'm pretty sure it's going to take a week's worth of posts to get all that down!  Here are just a few random things to tide you over....
  • I am actually not that sore.  Surprising, considering that I ran down a freaking mountain.  It must have been the almost 3 hours of rolling with the stick I did sitting in the border line up waiting to get home last night.
  • I am emotionally overloaded right now.  There were so many ups and downs (both literally and figuratively) this weekend that I'm trying to process.  Being the most introverted person in the van will bring that on.  Holy overwhelmed, Batman.  
  • Canada needs better data plans (re: cheaper).  My sad little flip phone was a slight embarrassment when everyone else had a pretty iPhone/Blackberry to tweet with.  I mostly just read over their shoulders and listened to my iPod.
  • I had an amazing team and I wish I got to spend more time with Van 2.  It felt like we only saw them for a couple of hours during the whole event.
  • How many companies do you know of where the president is game to not only wear, but run, in a sparkly pink skirt?  
  • We had an official photographer/videographer for the weekend.  I love this shot:
Taken on Becker's iPhone
  • Watch for Nuun to be bringing out new flavours some time in the near-ish future.  We've been sworn to secrecy since they're still testing, but there were a couple of good ones in the batch we got to try.  Sorry, Mason, but you know that one was just gross.  And, yes, I know that you didn't force me to try it...   
  • Our team finished (unofficially) in 28:12:46, which was good enough for 4th in the Women's Corporate Division!  That should mean an official invite to come back next year.  So, Nuun, do we get to make up the team again?!?  You know we're all game!
This is going to sound exceptionally cheesy, but you'll understand if you've run it: it's a life changer.  Although I'm still decompressing - and it's going to take a while - it totally lived up to the expectations I had.  Not just about meeting other bloggers and learning from them, but learning about myself too (that's going to be a post in and of itself, I think).  

I'm going to miss everyone I shared a not-so-stinky van with.  Our relationships started as only having blogging (or Nuun) and running in common.  That was enough, though, for us to get each other.  This is an amazing community to be a part of.


Thank you again (and always) Nuun for choosing me!  
It really was an adventure of a lifetime!

9 comments:

  1. you are amazing! looking forward to getting to know you even better in the future! you definitely rocked the relay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to meet you. I would have liked to get to know you more, but I was happy to have spent as much time with your van as we did.

    I totally get how it is all hard to digest. When people ask me "how was it," I don't even know how to answer. My trail run last month was "great"-- this was something more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post!! I think it is funny you are introverted. I am as well and a fellow Canuck myself, although I live in North Carolina because I married a southern guy. Great job on the run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alanna, you are such a sweetheart. I was so appreciative of you help at the end there…in your flashy gunmetal skirt ;-)
    I count you among the nicest of the nice. It was a joy to meet you! Maybe we'll be fortunate enough to do it again next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the HTC! SO jealous not only did you get to do it you got to try new Nuun flavors, get sparkle skirts and meet all those awesome women.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Can't wait to hear more about it once you get your thoughts together!

    (Sidenote: I switched to a smartphone after losing my old flip phone in a car accident in the winter - my monthly bill has actually gone down).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great! Congrats to all of you! Good to see everyone enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome experience! And yeah, I don't have a fancy phone either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear you aren't sore after the relay!!! My legs are only just now starting to recover.

    I feel like I'm still trying to decompress/process the entire weekend as well. Overall, it was such an emotional high for me - it's hard to go back to "real life" and come crashing down after that. I miss everyone!!

    It was great to meet you this weekend! Hopefully we will all cross paths again sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com