03 March 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.  I finally get to go down to the states on Saturday and pick up a few things that I won/got for review.  I have to pay about $30 to ransom them from the mailbox service, but since I didn't pay anything in the first place that's okay.  I'll post next week about my loot!  This will also serve as a cherry coke run.  The powers-that-be in Canada didn't think enough of us like it up here so I have to cross a border to get my fix.  I may be convinced by Colin to buy the cherry coke zero, but I really seem to like my HFCS.

2.  Darren, if you're reading this please skip this point.  I'm actually enjoying hill training.  They suck and make me hurt (sore abs last night), but I feel so much better for doing them.  Yesterday we did intervals rather than repeats and it was great to mix it up a little.  The schedule said 7 x 600m repeats, but instead we ran 1min/walked 2 min for +/- 4km.  I ended up doing about 10 repeats.  It helped that I had my iPod with me and listened to My Chemical Romance the whole time.  Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) is extremely catchy.  Thankfully the weather was perfect.  The downhill hurt the back of my leg/ankle a little, but I think it was from my shoe hitting it when I was trying to slow myself down.  

3.  I am so thankful for family and friends who are willing to support our running.  I know that marathon training takes a lot personally, but when you have kids it's just that little bit harder.  Since Colin and I both train for the same events it's necessary for us to farm Spud out every Sunday.  We are extremely blessed to have people who will watch him for ridiculous amounts of time.  You know who you are and you are greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. That's great that you have such strong support for your running! Its never easy to balance all you have going on in life especially when you have kids so I applaud you for making it work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a box in the US for giveaways. Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the hill repeats! It's nice that you have such great support. Every time I wish my husband was a runner too I remind myself how nice it is that we aren't competing for running time or looking for sitters. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com