14 March 2011

Monday Musings

Is it Monday already?  What's been happening here lately?
  • My last run was hills on Wednesday.  It was actually a really good run.  Continual repeats (run 1 minute/walk 2 minutes) for 4km.  The schedule called for 8 repeats, but with the intervals I did 12.  Perfect night and I was appropriately dressed for once.
  • Thursday: stomach flu hit at 2am and I was pretty much useless for the next few days.  I don't remember the last time I was this sick.  The last time I spent 24 hours in bed was when I was in high school and came home from a week long missions trip to Mexico, but that was from jet lag.
  • Lost somewhere between 5 and 8 lbs.  I do not recommend this diet... way too gross!  I did learn that all my "trouble spots" are just excess water though.  I'm not naïve enough to think that I'll keep it off.  Don't really want to either.   
  • I have the best husband EVER!  Not only did he come home a little early on Thursday (or was it Friday?), but he brought me tulips too.
  • Missed my 29km long run on Sunday.  I probably could have made it out, but, with the time change, rain, and being partly dehydrated, I figured it would just be a soul-sucking run so I stayed in bed.
  • Went out to buy groceries yesterday.  Since I still haven't completely gotten my appetite back I felt like fainting once we got to the end of the second store (the Costco samples weren't enough).  Nothing like salty potato chips and Arizona fruit punch for a little pick me up.  
  • I still have the best husband EVER!  Once we got home I begged off and had a nap.  I woke up 2 hours later to the smell of fresh-baked ginger molasses cookies and dinner was on the table.  
I'm really hoping that this bug is behind me/us.  Colin never did succumb to it which was a total godsend.  I'm doing nothing exercise/running wise until Wednesday.  As long as I'm feeling better I'll be getting my "9" repeats in (see first point - it'll probably be closer to 14).  And Thursday is St. Patrick's Day or, as it's known in my house, MY BIRTHDAY!  I have clinic that night (10km) and then will just spend the rest of the day with my family.  32km is up on Sunday so I'll have far more to talk about next week.


4 comments:

  1. Rest up - party time ahead!!! Feel better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are finally feeling better. That sounds awful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been sick, but glad to hear you're feeling better. Hopefully you'll be fully recuperated in time for that next long run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about the stomach flu. Taking the time off is probably wise. Glad to hear that you're on the mend. :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com