09 March 2011

Head Meet Wall, Repeat.

I need to be more self-motivated.  I am perfectly fine to get in runs when I am able to join friends or my running group.  However, I am such a slacker when it comes to doing it on my own.  I can pretty much come up with any lame excuse to not do what's on my schedule.  It sucks and is super frustrating.  I was so convinced that I was going to put more effort into this training cycle.  I have to a certain extent, but I know I'm dropping the ball on other things (hello, core).  I have less than 2 months until race day. 

Apparently my new mantra needs to be:

Suck. It. Up. Buttercup.

6 comments:

  1. you can do it! Plus, if you put in some seriously solid runs, maybe it's ok to slack on core because running works your abs like nobody's business ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my best runs have been on my own! It takes a lot to get off the couch, but it is SO rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely CAN do it!!!!! I am exactly like you . . . have friends, will run!!!! It's super hard for me to motivate myself to do any solo running. I am the queen of excuses - I should consider opening my own business ("Need an excuse, email me - I have plenty to go around") HA!
    Good luck - I also have 2 months to go on this training cycle and am no way "buckled down." Gotta be though!!!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, great mantra! Love it! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buttercup: We'll never survive.
    Westley: Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this feeling. I know how hard it can be to push yourself out the door, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com