23 June 2011

Super.Freaking.Awesome!

Thanks everyone for your congratulations yesterday!  In case you couldn't tell I'm excited too!

If you happened to be stalking Nuun's Facebook page on Tuesday night (and, if you entered,  don't pretend you weren't) you would have seen that I had a bit of a conundrum.  Spud's end of year picnic started at 8:45 Wednesday morning.  It was at a park about a kilometre away from where we live so we had to be out of the house by 8:30am.  Nuun was announcing their team at 9am PST.  I don't have a smart phone so there wouldn't be any checking from the park.  What to do?

I hemmed and hawed all evening.  I had a couple of "Negative Nelly" moments when I was just convinced that I wasn't going to be chosen.  I kept apologizing to Colin for being a "Debbie Downer."  To which he told me to be a "Positive Polly" (or "Positive Perogy" since that was dinner).  It at least made me laugh.  Going to bed, I still was unsure about what I'd do in the morning.

Finally I decided that I would call Colin at work once I arrived at the park.  He said he'd probably check even if I didn't want to call and, of course, I didn't want to find out when I got home if he'd known all along.  Impatient, much?  Our conversation on Wednesday went something like this:

Me: Have they posted it yet? (it's 8:58:37am).

Colin: No.

Me: Have they posted it yet?  It's 9am, by my watch.

Colin: No.  I'll call you.

5-ish minutes later...

Colin: I already called you once.

Me: Sorry, have it on vibrate/ring and they're mowing the grass.  Yay or nay?

Colin: Yay you!

Me: What?  Really??!  I got in?!?!?!?  Commence happy dance in middle of the park, which is me tippy-toeing on the spot with my arms in and hands up by my face.

Colin: Yup.  There are 20 on the list and 6 alternates.  You're first on the list, but it doesn't mean anything because it's alphabetical.  

Me:
 That's fine.  I'm in!


I had so many other things I wanted to ask, but I could tell he was busy.  The rest of the morning was spent having fun at the park and making sure Spud didn't fall off of any playground equipment.  I didn't have much time to think about it until I got home.

Of course, the first thing I did was turn on my computer and check Nuun's blog and my email.  Then I congratulated the other runners.  Then I stalked my stats to see how many people came by my blog.  It wasn't long before we were all contacting each other and trying to figure stuff out.  It's crazy how fast things move.

While I'm still a little stunned that I made it I know it's real because I have to send in things like my 10k time, leg number preferences and other fun stuff.  Thank goodness I have almost 2 months to prepare for this.  Not only do I need to get my training underway (at least I'm in a clinic already) I have to figure out what to pack/wear/etc.  Colin's taking vacation and will hopefully spend the 4 days in Seattle with Spud.  Lots to do.  

Here's why I'm stoked that I'm on the team:
  • I'll get the chance to figure out stuff about me.  Get to know myself if you want to be all hippy-dippy about it.  
  • This is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing.  All the talk of HTC when the movie came out really peaked my interest, but to be a part of it now is so cool.
  • I'm the token "foreigner."  I'm sure I'll hear a bunch of "oot and aboot" jokes.
  • I will finally get to meet some ladies whose blogs I read.  A few teammates know each other and some don't so it'll be a nice mix.
  • I just gained 19 friends!  Crazy!
  • I will represent an awesome company!
I'm sure there are more, but those are the top reasons that come to mind.    

14 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! This is so exciting and I can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congrats, that is very exciting!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you! :) such an cool opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too cute! This post had me cracking up. I am definitely going to make some "oot and aboot" jokes. Ha!

    Can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you, love the happy dance in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you. Did you tell Colin "I told you so"? :) you proved him wrong, YOU MADE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! can't wait to meet you in August as well :). Yay hood to coast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You so deserve it! I made alternate, which isn't quite as awesome, but I'm pretty happy about it! I'm telling people that I'm
    "close to greatness". :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You sound really happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! Looking forward to reading about your training and then the race!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! That's awesome. Can't wait to hear what leg you are running. Hope to see you out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous!! That's so exciting, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been out of town, so I'm just now starting to catch up on blogs! Congratulations on being chosen! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com