20 June 2011

"Ain't Too Proud To Beg" - The Temptations

Yes, the title of this post is very EMZ, but it seemed appropriate.

As you all know I applied to be on Nuun's Hood To Coast relay team.  The deadline was last Wednesday and the "winners" will be announced this Wednesday.  Let me say now that this has been the longest week of my life.  It even beats out the last week of my pregnancy.  Spud was 10 days early so I didn't know my last week was my last week; capisce?

Anyways, about this last week.  I think I have officially driven Colin nuts.  A lot of "do you think it was good enough?"  and "do you think I'll make it?" type questions.  I know that he does support me and does think my entry was good.  Pretty sure, though, that after asking him for the 20th time in one day he just starts to humour me.  The other thing I'm doing is practically stalking the Nuun Facebook page.  Thankfully I'm not the only one.  I know it's silly since there is no announcement for another 2 days.  But I figure it doesn't hurt to make sure they know I'm still out there and stressing!

So back to the title.  I know that this isn't a popularity contest.  If it were the team would be made up of the most popular "big" bloggers.  Which would be cool.  However, I wouldn't be on it.  As I was reminded: If you don't get what you want, it's probably because you didn't ask for it. 

Therefore, I'm asking.  Again.  

Please let Nuun know on Facebook that I should be on their team.  Will it make a difference?  Who can say?  For all I know, they've already selected their favourites.  But at this point I'm not above begging.

Thanks!

Back to stalking 'til Wednesday...

3 comments:

  1. Good luck getting on the team, I can hardly sleep at night, it is all I think about. and I am probably wasting my time, but it would be so AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel ya. I'm anxious and excited and nervous all in one. Fingers crossed for us. I'd love to be on a team with you. :) email me if you ever want to chat about this, I know my hubs is tired of my talking about it: enduranceisntonlyphysical@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants it this bad. I had to stop myself from stressing over how to travel with a sleeping bag. LOL.

    I agree...I hope they are not just looking for "big" bloggers. But just in case, I have been hounding my FB family and friends to comment, post on Nuun's wall etc. I might just follow your lead and do another post to get some more traffic. But right now...I.MUST.GET.AWAY.FROM.NUUN'S.FACEBOOK.PAGE. I need an intervention!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com