- to run 8km out and back on the highway - boring and there's the chance of being hit by a car, truck, or big horned sheep (and my mum might
kill menot be too fond of that option).
- to run a big loop around town like we did last summer. Pretty, but there are lots of hills. Not conducive to keeping at pace and the only real hill in the race is going over a bridge. Might be counter-productive.
- to run around town as it is almost exactly 4km to run a square loop. Repeat 4 times. While this will be the most boring route EVER I think I'll have to take it. Did I mention that Colin and I don't run the same pace? Yeah, we're not even close - my race pace is his steady... So it would probably be best to be at least somewhat close together.
2. I need to start thinking about what to wear on race day. While I'd love to have new pretty clothes that's just not going to happen. I'll be wearing what I've been training in even though I am (and I'm sure all my friends are) sick of seeing the same shirts. The long range forecast is so far calling for rain. However, I'm not counting on anything until the day before or even the morning of. I'm leaning toward shorts with my Zensah compression sleeves and a tee shirt. I can always wear my throw away top for as long as necessary. Mostly I want to be able to wear the sleeves because they are neon yellow and I might have a chance of having more photos taken of me. J
3. An Easter-ish conversation with Spud:
Me: Do you want to see the cake Bramma brought us?
Spud: I already did.
Me: No, you didn't. Come over and look. It's a chocolate bundt cake.
Spud: Oohh, I thought you said she brought a bunny cake (disappointed whine).
He really was quite upset...