11 August 2010

Challenge Time

I am potentially crazy.

Somehow I've become a sucker for online challenges and I've signed up for two that will surely make me stronger, but also make me question my judgment at the same time. However, after sucking it up big time on the hills on my last long run I know that I need to get into this.

  • The first is being hosted by 5 Miles Past Empty and is a lunge challenge. That's right... LUNGES. The bane of my existence during boot camp. Unfortunately they work wonders for making me stronger and helping with my hill training. Truth be told I think I've actually missed them. So the challenge is this: do lunges (at least) 3 x week from 10 August to 10 September. I'm already behind since I only signed up today, but I'll have to get them in soon. I think I might be short this week as I've got hill training tonight to contend with. I have to post pictures of my legs, but couldn't get anything decent in the mirror so Colin will have to take them when he gets home.
  • The other challenge is being put on by Jamoosh of Last Mile Lounge. It's starts on Sunday and is a 13 week core workout to be done 2 or 3 times per week. Since I've come to the conclusion that I cannot motivate myself enough to start on my own (my exercise ball has been sitting in-box in my closet for over a month) I felt like I should at least have the support of strangers online!



So we'll see how it goes. I'm sure I'll post soon about my inability to walk, laugh, lay down comfortably, cough, stand...

Who knows, I might even get the guts to post pictures à la P90X for before and afters.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you're joining in!! Lunges are SO bad yet so good! I was doing them quite consistently a couple of months ago and I could tell a serious difference in my hill running! I don't know what happened! Maybe my legs almost fell off?

    And that core challenge scares me! But I think lunges and core strength will make for some mean running machines!!!! =)

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com