12 September 2011

Hood To Coast - The End

I must admit that this last recap of Hood To Coast is going to be a little picture intensive.  Not sure how much there is to say about spending an afternoon on the beach!  I don't remember what time we actually got to Seaside.  Thankfully we didn't have to sit in traffic for very long - if you've read other recaps you'll already know that it turned into a major parking lot.  As Van #1 we were able to get to the beach with plenty of time to get settled and wander around.
      
We got to enjoy the scenery:

I must have taken this shot - note the slightly skewed horizon.
And the food (anything was good at this point):

Mason, Jocelyn, Emily, Lauren, me - it's hard to pretend to eat penne...
There were lots of things to see:


And people to meet:

A bunch of us with Hood To Coast founder Bob Foote, left in blue, and random dude (behind me).
Lauren with Bart Yasso of Yasso 800s fame.
We got to cheer for our teammate: 

Megan running to the finish
And for ourselves:


We wrapped up the day knowing we'd gone through an amazing experience with new friends:


I'd love to be able to tell you that this is the absolute last post about HTC.  Unfortunately I can't do that just yet.  I have at least 2 more and they're important: a huge thank-you to all of the companies that supported us (no, it wasn't just Nuun) and what I learned during what can only be described as a whirlwind trip.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome, Alanna! I really look forward to reading what you learned :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com